Coastal Accommodation Network
Welcome to the Coastal Accommodation Network section.
It’s no secret that New South Wales has some of the most scenic and diverse coastline in all of Australia. SLS NSW is committed to increasing surf safety knowledge and awareness of all beachgoers including domestic and international tourists, in a bid to keep people safer when visiting these beautiful beaches. SLS NSW has established a Coastal Accommodation Network to help us achieve this goal of keeping visitors safer on our beaches.
Through this network, we aim to:
- Raise beach safety knowledge and awareness among visitors to coastal location
- Reduce the incidence of rescues among visitors to coastal locations
- Reduce drowning incidence of visitors to coastal locations
Surf safety information is supplied to Coastal Accommodation providers at no cost for their visitors, including caravan and camping parks, hostels, backpackers, hotels, holiday units and single dwellings. Information and resources include:
- Quarterly e-newsletter sent out prior to school holidays with current information
- Beach safety flyers and posters (multi-lingual)
- Rip current posters
- Other surf safety collateral including magnets and stickers
If you are a Coastal Accommodation Provider and would like to receive regular updates and resources, please click here to join the network.
We are constantly trying to improve this network, and our aim is to provide you with the information you need that will help your guests stay safe and enjoy our wonderful coastal lifestyle.
- April 2016, Fourth Edition of the Coastal Accommodation Newsletter
- December 2015, Third Edition of the Coastal Accommodation Newsletter
- September 2015, Second Edition of the Coastal Accommodation Newsletter
- June 2015, Welcome to the Coastal Accommodation Network
Download the Seven Summer Safety Tips poster here (pdf, 3.5MB)
A message for all accommodation providers
Fill in the below form to receive key safety information and resources from Surf Life Saving NSW, including dangerous surf warnings.