As one of the biggest events on the surf sports calendar, the 2015 Stramit NSW Country Surf Life Saving Championships will be held in January 2015. Shoalhaven City Council and Mollymook Surf Life Saving Club will together host the event.
The Stramit Country Championships are open to clubs outside the Newcastle-to-Illawarra corridor. The event showcases some of the state’s best surf sports athletes who are determined to not only continue their preparation for the State and National titles, but also to help drive their club to supremacy in the Junior, Senior and Overall pointscores.
The Stramit Country Championships is the only event on the surf sport calendar to feature a full range of events including surfboats, as well as all age groups from U8s through to Masters, within a three-day surf carnival.
Join the conversation
Join the 2015 Stramit NSW Surf Life Saving Country Championships Facebook event page for all the latest updates and news on the Country Championships. Feel free to share your Country Championships photos with us by using our event hashtag #CountryChamps15
Download final competition results here (pdf, 1MB)
- 20 January, Warilla Sisters Keep It In The Family
- 18 January, Byron Bay Are 2015 Country Champions
- 17 January, Byron Holds Narrow Lead After Country Champs Day 2
- 17 January, Surf's Up - Burridge Takes Gold at Country Championships
- 16 January, Country Champs Day 1 - Cudgen Headland Take The Lead
- 16 January, Country Champs A Family Affair For Woolgoolga SLSC
- 13 January, Country Champs Countdown: 3 Days To Go
- 8 January, Mollymook prepares for country champs (Milton Ulladulla Times)
- 18 December, Excitement Builds as Country Champs Loom
All photos taken by Jamie Nilsson from SLSNSW can be found here below. For the official event photographer, Stephen Chu's photos please call 0408 243 989.
Social Media competitions
We have two competitions running at the Country Championships. Find out the rules and T&C's here.
17 January, 5.00pm - PROGRAM CHANGE FOR U17 MALE TAPLIN: Please be aware, your event will be first up tomorrow morning in the pink area starting at 8am. This is different to the original program where it is last.
16 January, 5.00pm - ATTN TEAM MANAGERS: Cameron relays (senior and junior) have been carried over tomorrow, Saturday 17 January. 7am marshaling for 7.15am start. All rostered water safety are to report as per published roster for shift 1. Those clubs are; Tacking Point (3), Shellharbour (3), Coffs Harbour (3), Cabarita (3), Port Macquarie (3), Warilla Barrack Point (3). A decision on water areas will be advised in the morning. Thanks everyone for a great day! Let's do it all again tomorrow.
16 January, 11.30am - Updated program - changes to water areas for Saturday
- 14 January, Final event information document (pdf, 517kb)
- 13 January, Country Champs Program Booklet (4MB) *large file
- 13 January, Event Merchandise (pdf, 799kb)
- 9 January, Country Championships Water Safety Roster (pdf, 233kb)
- 18 December, Powercraft Notification (pdf, 645kb)
- Expression of Interest: Country Championships 2016 & 2017
- Circular 3378 - Stramit Surf Life Saving NSW Country Championships
- Message From the Shoalhaven
- Official Appointments - Admin and Support
- Official Appointments - Officials In Areas
- 15 January, Athlete Profile: Tiffany & Logan Coote
- 14 January, Athlete Profile: Klinkers Family
- 14 January, Athlete Profile: Isaac Sanderson
- 13 January, Athlete Profile: Scout Hembrow
- 12 January, Athlete Profile: Hugh Stewart
- 12 January, Athlete Profile: Finn Askew
- 11 January Athlete Profile: Mia Bales
- 11 January Athlete Profile: Peter Hill
- 10 January Athlete Profile: Luke Chaffer
- 9 January, Athlete Profile: Paige Leishman
- 8 January, Athlete Profile: Peter McKay
- 7 January, Athlete Profile: Cooper Schubert
- 6 January, Athlete Profile: Holly Abbey, Nowra-Culburra SLSC
- 5 January, Athlete Profile: Rhys Flood, Broulee Surfers SLSC
Ballina Lighthouse and Lismore SLSC, Batemans Bay SLSC, Bellinger Valley-North Beach SLSC, Bermagui SLSC, Black Head SLSC, Broulee Surfers SLSC, Byron Bay SLSC, Cabarita Beach SLSC, Camden Haven SLSC, Coffs Harbour SLSC, Cudgen Headland SLSC, Forster SLSC, Gerringong SLSC, Kiama Downs SLSC, Kiama SLSC, Lennox Head - Alstonville SLSC, Mollymook SLSC Inc, Moruya SLSC, Narooma SLSC, Nowra-Culburra SLSC, Pambula SLSC, Port Macquarie SLSC, Salt SLSC, Sawtell SLSC Inc, Shellharbour SLSC, Shoalhaven Heads SLSC, South West Rocks SLSC,Tacking Point SLSC, Tathra SLSC, Urunga SLSC, Warilla Barrack Point SLSC, Wauchope Bonny Hills SLSC, Woolgoolga SLSC, Yamba SLSC.