Get down to your local surf club on Sunday 16 October to be part of our annual Surf Club Open Day.
Want to be a part of Surf Life Saving? Our members don’t just patrol the beach, your local surf club has a role for everyone and plays a much bigger part in the local community than you might think.
There are dozens of roles that you can take on in your local Surf Life Saving Club which will see you making a difference to the safety of our beaches and make you feel part of the Surf Life Saving family. See examples of roles below:
- putting on the red and yellow and patrolling the beach;
- helping train up our Nippers into Lifesavers;
- officiating at sport events;
- training up your fellow members;
- supporting the governance of the Club;
- fundraising or running the barbeque;
- jumping onto the radio to aid in communications;
- running social events for members;
- undertaking skilled project work within the club; or
- filling one of the other dozens of roles available within Surf Life Saving.
Participating clubs will host a range of activities, including lifesaving demonstrations, clubhouse tours, barbecues and displays.
Some will also offer people the chance to try out a range of beach activities and rescue scenarios first hand to give them a genuine feel for the challenges and excitement of surf lifesaving.
Information on how to join your local Surf Life Saving Club will also be available on the day.
Find Your Local Registered Surf Club
Click on your local club below to find out what they're preparing for Surf Club Open Day!
Registered Surf Life Saving Clubs