For the second year, South West Rocks will be hosting the 2017 Stramit NSW Country Championships.
As one of the biggest events on the surf sports calendar, the 2017 Stramit NSW Country Surf Life Saving Championships will be held in February 2017. Kempsey Shire Council and South West Rocks Surf Life Saving Club will together host the event for the second consecutive year.
The Stramit Country Championships are open to clubs outside the Newcastle-to-Illawarra corridor. The event showcases some of the state’s best surf sports athletes who are determined to not only continue their preparation for the State and National titles, but also to help drive their club to supremacy in the Junior, Senior and Overall point scores.
A total of 4000 people are expected to attend, including around 1500 competitors, hundreds of officials and volunteers and a large contingent of supporters and families.
The Kempsey Shire Council won the bid to host the event in 2016 & 2017, and the beautiful South West Rocks location is an ideal venue for a major surf carnival.
The Stramit Country Championships is the only event on the surf sport calendar to feature a full range of events including surfboats, as well as all age groups from U8s through to Masters, within a two-day surf carnival.
- 23 September 2016, Circular 3471: 2017 Stramit NSW Country Championships Officials Nominations
- 8 September 2016, Memo: 2017 NSW Country Championships - Powercraft Roster
- 2 August 2016, Memo: Stramit 2017 NSW Country Championships Volunteer Safety Requirements
- 29 July 2016, Circluar 3462: 2016, 2017 & 2018 NSW Championships Senior Official Nominations
- 3 June 2016, Memo: 2017 Stramit NSW Country Champs Dates and Venue