Does your club have a succession plan? Does your club have a risk management plan? Has your club constitution been updated in the last 3 years? Do you understand the role of your public officer?
If you answered ‘No’ to at least one of these question, then this workshop conducted by NSW Sport and Recreation is for you.
This ‘check-up’ for your sporting club or association provides a range of self-assessment tools that will improve the health of your club or ensure it stays in good shape.
This workshop will help you to:
- Assess the state of your club constitution and rules
- Understand the legal and governance obligations of your club
- Learn the steps to sound risk and financial management
This workshop will also look at some current issues facing clubs such as volunteers in grassroots sport – how to attract and retain them. A question and answer session is included for you to discuss any issues specific to your club.
Some of the topics covered in the Running Your Club course are:
- Issues facing volunteers, especially in grass roots sports
- Who is responsible for running your club
- Club health check-up and planning
- Your governance and compliance obligations
- Introduction to governance
- Roles and responsibilities of club office bearers
- Your club constitution and regulations
- Incorporation and contemporary models
- Legal issues facing clubs
- Managing risk
- Sponsorship, fundraising and grants for clubs overview