The SLSA Leaders Masterclass provides an opportunity for existing leaders within SLS (at all levels) to participate in a high-level leadership development program.
The masterclass will provide participants with an environment that will enable them to refresh and extend their leadership capabilities. No Leaders’ Masterclass is ever the same, with participants’ guiding the program content based on their identified development needs.
What is it all about?
The aim of the SLSA Leaders’ Masterclass is to provide an opportunity for existing leaders within SLSA (at all levels) to participate in a high-level leadership development program. The target audience for this masterclass includes committee members i.e. President, Deputy President, Lifesaving, Surf Sports and Junior/Youth roles. They should aspire to club/branch/state leadership roles into the future (next 3 years). The masterclass will provide participants with an environment that will enable them to refresh and extend their leadership capabilities.
The program will be tailored around the skills, needs and issues identified by participants. It will emphasise a workshop approach providing the opportunity for participants to share skills and expertise. One particular focus of the program will be identifying the challenges of leading a club in the 21st century. This will include the day-to-day challenges as well as the societal issues affecting all organisations including surf life saving clubs.
The outcomes of the Leaders’ Masterclass will include:
- Participants have refreshed and extended their leadership capabilities
- Raised awareness of the issues, responsibilities and accountabilities in leadership within SLSA
- Some alignment between the challenges of leading and managing a club and addressing some of the current societal issues
- SLSA has a resource pool of innovative, skilled and knowledgeable senior leaders
- Leaders within SLSA think at a strategic level.
- Participants have had an opportunity to network and share ideas regarding leadership issues in surf life saving.
How to Apply
For further information and to apply please visit the Surf Life Saving Australia website.