SLSNSW is once again presenting the Best of the Best Boat Challenge (BoB) event for the 2015 season. The BoB is the premier boat event for crews (in all divisions) from each of the NSW Boat Series, fighting it out for the honour of being crowned the ‘Best of the Best’ boat crew for the season.
There are some exciting developments for this year’s finals;
- Significant prize draw available at the finals including oars, sweeps oars etc. (exact prizes/value to be confirmed)
- A commercial partnership including sponsor stickers for all boats competing in Branch/Regional Boat Series
- Wild card entries based on NSW State Championships results
- Branch/Regional Boat Series gains increased exposure with results on dedicated webpage of the SLSNSW website and increased media exposure by linking with the BoB finals
- Event branding and theme including a Best of the Best logo
- Travel subsidy for crews travelling to BoB from outside Sydney metro (exact value/distribution to be confirmed)
How to gain entry into the BoB
- Each Regional Boat Series will be invited to select crews from each division and those crews will be automatic entries into the BoB finals. The selection policy and timing of cut off in each Region will be the sole decision of the individual Boat Series organisers.
- Please only accept if you are 100% committed to attend as the Round Robin will only work fairly with full heats.
- It will be the responsibility of the Clubs to understand the below quota to know if they are a possible candidate.
It will be the responsibility of the series organisers to inform SLSNSW on their selections by the cutoff date.
The Crew entry numbers taken from the 5x Regional Boat Series are detailed in the below table:
Open Men Open Women Reserve U23 Men U23 Women U19 North Coast Boat Series 1 1 1 1 1 1 Central Coast/ Newcastle Peters Series 2 2 2 2 2 2 Sydney Northern Beaches 3 3 3 3 3 3 Sydney 2 2 2 2 2 2 South Coast Boat Series 2 2 2 2 2 2 State Championships Wild Card Entries 2 2 2 2 2 2