The Talented Athlete Program will be held in the school holidays between 2-4 October, 2013 at Sydney Academy of Sport, Wakehurst Parkway, Narrabeen.
The program will include training sessions with state coaches, analysing technique and improving skills across all disciplines. The program will also consist of athlete education sessions in nutrition, recovery and training techniques. The program will expose athletes to the most experienced and successful coaches in NSW.
Surf Life Saving NSW is calling for nominations from athletes to form part of the 2013 Talented Athlete Program. Athletes from U/13’s to U15’s are asked to apply. SLSNSW are also seeking experienced coaches to be a part of the program in the disciplines of board, swim, beach and pool rescue. The program aims to provide:
- Athlete development pathways for Surf Sports in NSW
- Improve athlete education and retention
- Improve technique, skills and performance of athletes
- Exposure to elite performance specialist
- Continual improvement of the standard of Surf Sports in NSW
Nominations for the 2013 Talented Athlete Program have now closed. Congratulations to the selected participants.