An opportunity to grow; an opportunity to explore; an opportunity to be a leader. Open to 15-17 year old members, this workshop is an opportunity to see so much more of what surf life saving has to offer, to experience a real social network and meet other young surf lifesavers from across the state.
The Youth Opportunity Makers Workshop is a program developed to support surf life saving's youth members and provide them with the opportunity to exchange ideas, participate in activities that are designed to broaden their understanding of the organisation and show them the opportunities that are available.
The workshop provides an environment where the participants can build on their existing skill sets, engage in the creation and development of goal setting, as well as being able to work as part of a team. A key focus is for the participants to improve their confidence and self esteem whilst positively recognising members.
How to Apply
- Applicants must be aged between 15-17 years old.
- Must be a financial and proficient member of a NSW Surf Life Saving Club.
- Applicants to submit applications to Clubs before Friday 15 February 2013.
- Clubs to submit applications to Branch before Monday 18 February 2013.
- Branches to submit applications to SLSNSW before Monday 4 March 2013.
Branches will be allocated two (2) positions in the program and should rank additional applicants in preferential order. Ideally one male and one female applicant per Branch will be represented. Positions not filled will be allocated to the most promising applicants from other Branches.