Government Relations Manager
Surf Life Saving NSW is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual who can demonstrate their success in grant writing and the identification of funding opportunities. You will have the ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders including ministerial staff and government bodies. This position, reporting to the Acting CEO, is a challenging and varied role where you will work to enhance the profile of SLSNSW and manage major funding proposals designed to meet the core needs of this iconic community based organisation.
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state’s primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 75,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
Essential duties include:
- Manage the development of major funding proposals and requirements relating to grant contracts
- Build on the existing strong relationships with key government stakeholders including NSW ministers, policy advisors and ministerial staff to advance the profile and core mission of SLSNSW
- Provide government relations advice to the CEO on current political issues and matters which could impact on SLSNSW
- Secretariat of the ‘Parliamentary Friends of SLSNSW’ group
To be successful in this position you must have:
- Demonstrated success delivering and acquitting high quality grants
- Be a strategic thinker with a high level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success working with government representatives and securing government funding
- High level of understanding of the current political environment and processes within Australia
Location: Surf Life Saving NSW Headquarters – Belrose
Position: Full Time (Mon to Fri 8:30am - 5pm)
Closing date for applications: 5pm Friday 30 June 2017
How to apply:
- Send through a current copy of your resume and cover letter (no more than 3 pages)
- Review the position description and include a written response to the selection criteria including responses to each point (no more than 3 pages)
- Send your application to email@example.com
All enquiries relating to this role are to be strictly directed to the HR Manager on (02) 9471 8010. Successful candidates will be contacted for interviews following the closing date.