Volunteer SurfCom Operator
Now is your chance to be a part of the Surf Life Saving NSW SurfCom team which supports over 200 lifesaving services through the state.
SLSNSW is seeking volunteer operators for it's State Operations Centre to provide support to 228 Surf Life Saving Clubs, Support Operations and Lifeguard services.
As a member of the team, you will be involved in the following:
- Providing links to emergency services
- Monitoring the health and wellbeing of SLS support operations crew
- Coordinating SLS response to incidents, including rescue and medical incidents
- Liaising with local government
- Data collection and analysis of SLS resources
- Monitoring and fault resolution of the Coastal Radio Network (state-wide)
Minimum requirements for SurfCom
- 13yrs of age (at commencement of duties)
- SLSA Member
- SLSA Radio Operators Certificate (or Bronze Medallion)*
Training will be provided by SLSNSW at the Surf Life Saving NSW Headquarters in Belrose, Sydney.
Download the full position description.
For further information and to be a part of this team complete the Expression of Interest form.