Welcome to the Officials section of the website. Officials play an important part of our organisation and are integral to the ongoing delivery of our sport.
Development for Officials
Accredited Surf Sports officials are essential to the success of any surf carnival or event. Officials are required at all levels of competition. Some Branches require Clubs participating in competition to fulfil a quota of officials in order to compete in a carnival. To officiate at competitions, individuals must nominate to the relevant club, branch, state or national representative.
There are four levels of officials’ accreditation:
- Junior Officials Course
- Level One Officials Course, requiring re-licensing every four years
- Level Two Officials Course, requiring re-licensing every four years
- Level Three Officials Course, requiring re-licensing every four years
All levels of officials’ accreditation share three basic objectives:
- To educate members to successfully administer their duties
- Ensure that each member who is appointed an official at any carnival, event or championship has the best understanding of Surf Sports
- Ensure that there are sufficient qualified officials available to conduct Surf Sports activities at all levels
To relicense as a Level 1 and 2 Official, the applicant must complete the Surf Sports Officials Form and submit a copy of a completed Surf Sports Officials Log Book to Branch. This book shows the accumulation of a minimum of 100 points during the 4 year period of your participation at surf lifesaving sports and related personal development events.
If any members are interested in becoming accredited officials or their official qualifications need re-licensing, contact your club, Branch Director of Surf Sports.
For more information contact Denise Lees, Surf Sports Administration Officer.