Premier's Christmas Gala Concerts
An opportunity awaits for enthusiastic surf lifesaving volunteers to attend the 2012 Premier's Christmas Gala Concerts from 4-5 December 2012.
The concerts will be presented by the NSW Premier and Government for NSW residents over the age of 60 and this year the theme is 'Christmas By The Beach'.
The event provides great exposure to promote vital surf awareness and community education. Over 30,000 people are expected to attend the upcoming three concerts, held over two days at the Sydney Entertainment Centre.
Minister for Ageing Andrew Constance said, “The Premier’s Christmas Gala concerts are an opportunity for the NSW Government to thank and recognise seniors for their ongoing contributions to family, workplaces and the general community."
The Premier’s Gala Concerts are managed by Ageing, Disability and Home Care and are staged twice per year, for Christmas and during Seniors Week in March. Previous performers at the Premier’s Christmas Gala Concert include Rhonda Burchmore, Jonathan Biggins, Denise Scott, Warren Fisher, Jaz Flowers, Martin Crewes, Gina Jeffreys, Fiona O’Loughlin and David Somerville.
We are looking for volunteer assistance at the concert to help:
- Place the concert programs on the seats
- Provide general directions and information for seniors
- Assist seniors getting from their bus to their seat using wheelchairs
- Assist with the placement of plastic chairs on Harbour St and Exhibition Pl prior to the conclusion of the concert
- Assist seniors getting from their seats and onto their bus using wheelchairs at the conclusion of the concert
In recognition of your assistance as a volunteer, event organisers will provide:
- Reimbursement for transport to the Sydney Entertainment Centre
- Free meal vouchers (or other catering, as appropriate)
- Bottled water
- A certificate of appreciation signed by the Premier of NSW for each volunteer
- A framed certificate of appreciation for Surf Life Saving, presented on stage by the Premier or his representative
In addition to this, volunteer help is needed for the Surf Life Saving NSW Exhibition Stand which helps promote our organisation to the event attendees. Volunteers are needed from 9:15am to 1:20pm on Tuesday 4 December 2012 and between 8:45am and 4:45pm on Wednesday 5 December 2012.
If you can help out and would like to be involved with this special opportunity please contact Academy Administration Officer, Helen Williams on (02) 9471 8072.
Tue 13 Nov 2012