Athletes Set For Junior Development Academy
Surf Life Saving NSW is pleased to confirm the athletes selected for the 2016 Junior Development Academy to be held at Sydney Academy of Sport on Sydney’s Northern Beaches next month.
Tailored to athletes aged 12-14 years who have demonstrated potential in the water, and held from 5-7 October this exciting development program is the first chance for these talented youngsters to be exposed to a high performance environment.
Many previous graduates have gone on to represent both NSW and Australia in surf sports with some even travelling as part of the Australian contingent at the recent World Lifesaving Championships.
The Junior Development Academy will include training sessions with state coaches, technical analysis and a focus on improving skills across all water based disciplines. Athletes will also attend sessions on nutrition, recovery and training techniques. Based on feedback from previous years, there will be a separate one day clinic for beach athletes to be conducted in November 2016.
Surf Life Saving NSW Sports Development Officer, Tim Piper says this Academy is a great stepping stone for young athletes as they look to build upon their dream of achieving success in the senior ranks of surf sports.
“Being selected in the Junior Development Academy is an outstanding achievement and the athletes should be looking forward to what they’ll learn and how they can progress themselves as competitors,” Mr Piper said.
2016 Junior Development Academy Athletes:
- Grace Jeffries - Avoca Beach
- Jackson O'Mara - Avoca Beach
- Kirra Dale - Broulee Surfers
- Balin Munro - Bulli
- Max Ottaway - Bulli
- Jeremy Woodford - Bulli
- Beau Carter - Byron Bay
- Isaiha Phillips - Coffs Harbour
- Nick Bulloch - Coffs Harbour
- Hayley Fischer - Coffs Harbour
- Flynn Hamilton - Cooks Hill
- Ginger Allen - Cudgen Headland
- Madeline Crawley - Cudgen Headland
- Logan Galea - Elouera
- Jasper McCullagh - Elouera
- Piper Harrison - Manly
- Kyle O'sullivan - Maroubra
- Caitlin Lamb - Maroubra
- Luka Monnock - Mona Vale
- Saskia Roberts - North Bondi
- Analiese Melbourn - North Curl Curl
- Kai McGovern - North Curl Curl
- Libby Waugh - Sawtell
- Aoife Carey - Sawtell
- Tylah Richards - Shelllharbour/Warilla-Barrack Point
- Jade Crook - Shelly Beach
- Braith Walters - Shelly Beach
- Nakirra Brien - South West Rocks
- Malakai Busch - South West Rocks
- Cooper Schubert - South West Rocks
- Ben Rees - Swansea Belmont
- Daniel Chisholm - Swansea Belmont
- Beau Mcgregor - Swansea Belmont
- Ashby Allen - Swansea Belmont
- Saxon Coates - Swansea Belmont
- Eliza Johnson - Swansea Belmont
- Tahj Thrower - Tacking Point
- Luella Boulton - Tathra
- Harrison Williams - Terrigal
- Elise Beaumont - Thirroul
- Henri Carrera - Wanda
- Bailey Krstevski - Warilla-Barrack Point
- Bree Hlis - Warilla-Barrack Point
- Kalani Ives - Yamba
Jim Walker and Tony Williams
Surf Life Saving NSW wishes to congratulate these athletes on their selection in the 2016 Junior Development Academy Program.
Photo: Athletes part of the 2015 Junior Development Academy.
Tue 13 Sep 2016