Australia Day Awards Recipients
Congratulations to a number of NSW surf lifesavers who received OAMs or Community Awards from their local councils as part of Australia Day celebrations.
A well-deserved congratulations to those members who have been honoured with a Medal in the Order of Australia. OAMs have gone to Richie Lytham from Collaroy SLSC, Terry Boardman from Queenscliff SLSC, Barrie Stanford from Thirroul SLSC and David Roberts from Freshwater SLSC.
Congratulations also to surf lifesavers who received community awards from their local council. Some of the winners were:
- Pauline Wright, Avoca Beach SLSC - Volunteer (Individual) for Gosford City Council
- Craig Reid, Brunswick Heads SLSC - Citizen of the Year for Byron Shire Council
- Ela Heiniger, Byron Bay SLSC - Junior Sportsperson of the Year for Byron Shire Council
- Marco Cardinale, Moruya SLSC - Citizen of the Year for Eurobodalla Shire Council
- Jeremy Keating, Long Reef SLSC - Youth Citizen of the Year
- Naomi Flood, Manly LSC - Sportsperson of the Year for Manly Council
- Jake Lynch, Newport SLSC - Sportsperson of the Year for Pittwater Council
- Rodney Balkin, Ballina Lighthouse SLSC - Volunteer of the Year for Ballina Shire Council
- Kate Sinclair, Kiama Downs SLSC - Young Citizen Award for Kiama Municipal Council
- Umina SLSC - Volunteer (Group) for Gosford City Council
Thu 31 Jan 2013