Keep Australia Beautiful 2013 Clean Beaches Awards
Surf Clubs across NSW have played a major role in the Keep Australia Beautiful Clean Beaches Program and expressions of interest and submissions are now open for the 2013 Awards.
In 2012, North Palm Beach, North Wollongong Beach, Fingal Head and Cabarita Surf Life Saving Clubs were all recognised for their participation in the program. North Palm Beach picked up a high commendation at the 2012 Keep Australia Beautiful Awards for their dune restoration work in the local area.
To assist with entries Keep Australia Beautiful are running a selection of workshops. The workshops are open for any organisation or individual that would like more information about Keep Australia Beautiful NSW, the Clean Beaches Awards Program and tips on creating an award winning submission.
Participants can expect to learn about the programs, changes to the 2013 Clean Beaches Awards Program, benefits of participating, how to enter, the assessing and judging process, case studies of previous winners, key dates and more.
If you are considering participating this year or in the future, or if you would just like to find out more about the organisation and how you can get involved, RSVP as soon as possible to Clean Beaches.
- Monday, 9 September: 6.00pm - 7.00pm at Randwick Community Centre, 27 Munda Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Thursday, 12 September: 5.00pm-6.00pm at The Tramshed Arts & Community Centre - 1395 Pittwater Rd, Narrabeen NSW 2101- (Warringah Council)
Friday, 13 September: 2.00pm-4.30pm at Cronulla Central (off the Cronulla Mall)- 38-60 Croydon Street, NSW 2230 (Sutherland Shire Council)
- Tuesday, 10 September: 10.00am - 11.00am at Stockland Shellharbour Community Centre, Lake Entrance Road, Shellharbour City NSW 2529
- Tuesday, 10 September: 2.00pm - 3.00pm at The Pavilion Kiama - Kiama Municipal Council, 2 Bong Bong Street, Kiama NSW 2533
- Tuesday, 10 September: 6.00pm - 7.00pm at Wollongong City Council - Level 10, Committee Room 2-3, 41 Burelli Street, Wollongong NSW 2500
South Coast Workshop
- Wednesday, 11 September: 10.00am – 11.00am at Conference Room, Huskisson Beach Caravan Park, Beach Street, Huskisson 2540 (Shoalhaven Council)
Special guests from the Huskisson community will talk about how they put together a winning submission and assessment day and give tips about how they won last year’s Overall Clean Beach Award.
To find out more about Clean Beaches and how to apply please visit the Keep Australia Beautiful Clean Beaches page.
Mon 26 Aug 2013