New and Improved Beachsafe App
Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) has launched its new and improved Beachsafe app for iPhones and android devices.
Beachsafe, a free mobile app, allows users to obtain real-time beach safety information and conditions for over 12,000 Australian beaches.
Features of the latest version include:
- New interface for easy browsing
- Facebook integration allowing user comments against beaches
- Available in 72 language
- Ability to add/view upcoming events at your local beach
- Ability to view the real time location of hazards and patrol flags when lifesavers are on duty
- Up to date photos of the current beach conditions when lifesavers are on duty
The app is an extension of SLS’s Beachsafe website, a one-stop-shop containing need to know beach information from weather and forecasts, tide, swell, and water temperature to service patrol periods, Surf Life Saving Club details and regulatory and hazard information. It’s a must as we move into summer and Surf Life Saving Clubs around Australia kick into gear.
There is a direct link between the app and SLSA’s nationwide network of club managed databases so patrol information and beach safety warnings are in real time.
The app also provides users with an option to donate to Surf Life Saving via a ‘Donate Now’ button in the ‘More’ tab.
Beachsafe IOS version for iPhones and iPads is available from iTunes. The android version is available through Google Play.
Thu 29 Aug 2013