New SurfCom Operators Wanted
Do you have a voice for radio? Now is your chance to be a part of the Surf Emergency Response system linking SLS to NSW Emergency Services and Government agencies.
SLSNSW is seeking volunteer operators for its Belrose and Collaroy communication centres to provide operational support to over 200 SLS clubs, Support Operations and Lifeguard services.
As a part of the SLSNSW Coastal Radio Network review, SurfCom operations have been centralised to 3 locations in the Central Coast and Sydney regions.
SLSNSW is seeking volunteer operators to form part of this Sydney metropolitan SurfCom team.
As a member of the team, you will be involved in the operational support to over 200 SLS clubs, Support Operations and Lifeguard services:
- providing links to emergency services
- monitoring the health and wellbeing of SLS support operations crew
- coordinating SLS response to incidents, including rescue and medical incidents
- liaising with local government
- data collection and analysis of SLS resources
- monitoring and fault resolution of the Coastal Radio Network (state-wide)
Minimum requirements for SurfCom:
- 18yrs of age (at commencement of duties)
- SLSA Financial Member
- SLSA Radio Operators Certificate (or Bronze Medallion)
Training will be provided by SLSNSW from 31 August-1 September 2013 at the Surf Life Saving NSW Headquarters in Belrose, Sydney.
For further information and to be a part of this team complete the Support Operations Member Application Form and email it to Shaun Hudson or post to Surf Life Saving NSW, PO Box 307, Belrose, NSW, 2085.
Tue 6 Aug 2013