NSW Lifeguard of the Year
Ballina Shire Lifeguard Supervisor Ruben Roxburgh has been awarded NSW Lifeguard of the Year.
Ruben has worked as a career lifeguard for 13 years and has performed more than 8000 hours of duty on the beaches of Northern NSW.
“Receiving this award is a great honour after the amount of years I have been working as a lifeguard and the calibre of my fellow finalists. I love my job and to be acknowledged for all of the hard work and effort I put in is an amazing feeling,” said Ruben.
The SLSNSW Awards of Excellence acknowledge surf lifesavers from throughout NSW who have performed invaluable public service as lifesavers, administrators or trainers within the community. This year the awards were proudly supported by Stramit Building Products.
Lifeguard of the Year Finalists
- Grace Hamilton – Tweed Shire
- Damien McDermid – Clarence Valley
- David Jacobs – Kempsey Shire
- Loudon Potter – Byron Shire
- Ben Dyer – Pittwater
- Reuben Roxburgh – Ballina Shire/Richmond Valley
- Shane Cornish – Greater Taree/Great Lakes
- Kyle Van Der Muelen – Bega Valley Shire
- Jack Chaffey – Bellingen Shire/Nambucca Shire
- Tim Ecshebach – Port Stephens
Thu 6 Sep 2012