SLSNSW Signatory to Statement of Principles
Surf Life Saving NSW is pleased to announce it is now a signatory to the Statement of Principles for the Recognition of Volunteers
The Statement of Principles, released in May 2013 by Minister for Citizenship and Communities, the Hon Victor Dominello MP, outlines seven best practice principles for volunteer management.
Statement of Principles for the Recognition of Volunteers
- This organisation demonstrates a commitment to best practice in volunteer management and all our people respect and support this commitment.
- Our volunteers are involved in the life of the organisation and are included in decisions that affect them.
- This organisation provides volunteers with clarity about their roles and is clear about expectations and policies that impact on their roles.
- Our volunteers respect the roles of everyone in the organisation.
- This organisation recognises and celebrates the contribution of volunteers.
- Our volunteers are provided with training and professional development for their roles.
- This organisation provides all our people with the opportunity to resolve disputes with respect and dignity.
Surf Life Saving NSW President, Tony Haven, is excited about this major step in member recognition.
"Endorsing and adopting the Statement of Principles sends a clear signal to current and potential volunteers that their contributions are valued."
Surf Life Saving NSW would not be what it is today without the dedication and commitment of our 77,000 volunteer members, who give their time and use their skills to keep our beaches safe," said Mr Haven.
View the Official Certificate .
Thu 30 Jan 2014