The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills, knowledge and application of oxygen, airway management de-vices, and automated external defibrillators during resuscitation, and to administer oxygen to conscious and unconscious breathing causalities.
- Assess the casualty and develop a management plan
- Check resuscitation equipment
- Maintain an airway by: Using suction & Using oropharyngeal airways (OP airways)
- Resuscitate a casualty using oxygen
- Use oxygen to provide therapy
- Recover and restore oxygen equipment
- Check defibrillation equipment
- Attach and operate a defibrillator
- Recover and restore defibrillation equipment
The duration of the course is approximately 6 hours (plus a workbook to be completed by all full course participants prior to the training day).
Participants must be a minimum of 15 years of age on the date of final assessment. Participants must hold the following units of competency:
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid or
- HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Assessment is through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a nationally recognised WorkCover approved statement of attainment for the following unit of competency:
- HLTAID007 - Provide Advanced Resuscitation
To ensure your skills and knowledge remain current re-certification must occur annually from date of course.
We offer onsite training throughout NSW for a minimum of 6 participants. Group discounts may apply.