31 Mar 2022
Belrose NSW & hybrid work option
The Australian Lifesaving Academy NSW (ALA NSW) is the professional First Aid Training arm of Surf Life Saving NSW and is one of the fastest-growing providers of accredited First Aid Training in NSW. The ALA NSW delivers Nationally Recognised First Aid Training to thousands of people every year.
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid work options
- Salary Packaging up to $15,900 per year to increase your net income
- Competitive commission structure
- Sell lifesaving First Aid training and equipment
- Excellent training and support
- Positive dynamic, purpose-driven culture
- Modern bright facilities with excellent staff amenities
- Employee assistance program EAP
- Onsite parking
About the role
Reporting to the Academy Sales Manager, this role is responsible for hunting and converting new business opportunities across various industries within NSW/ACT. As a Business Development Officer you will be responsible for growing and developing a strong pipeline of new business opportunities through strategic account acquisitions, networking and relationship management.
Some of the key duties will include:
- Identifying and gaining new business through a sustained process of research, cold calling, mailing and following up referrals/leads
- Business planning, including mapping of potential customers and opportunities, market gap analysis, and pricing reviews
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations/tender submissions for prospective clients
- Working with the Academy Sales Manager to identify new opportunities and services to further business growth
- Deliver accurate and up to date sales pipeline through our CRM (Salesforce)
- Build in-depth knowledge of Academy products and services
The desired skills and requirements of a successful applicant include
- Minimum 4 years sales experience and/or formal training in sales
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategies
- Strong contract & proposal writing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail by solid business acumen
- Experience with writing & submitting tenders through multiple portals
- A Strong interest in First Aid Training & belief in the brand
- Excellent communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Mature approach to consultative selling
- Ability to work autonomously & contribute to a collaborative team
Location: Belrose NSW & work from home option
Position: Full Time
How to apply: Explore here or on Seek
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state’s primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 77,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
Please note that only suitably experienced applicants meeting the above criteria will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in working with SLSNSW.