4 Oct 2023
This role provides high quality administrative assistance and support to the Australian Event Safety Service (AESS) a division of Surf Life Saving NSW.
What’s in for you?
- Part time opportunity with flexibility on days worked
- Salary packaging options to increase your net income
- Onsite parking5
- Work with a passionate volunteer group in an iconic organisation.
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program (EAP)
- Update and maintain accurate rostering & databases to ensure compliance & contractual obligations.
- Ensure reports are finalised and delivered on time
- Ensure accurate data collection for reporting and make relevant recommendations where required.
- Contribute to publications to promote AESS services, media releases and public relations communications.
- Assist in the annual recruitment, testing, employee file maintenance, and staff induction process.
- Assist to compile and record data, including time sheet and payroll information.
- Relevant SLSA Awards including (current) Bronze Medallion, Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate, Provide First Aid, and Silver Medallion Beach Management/Patrol Captain.
- Experience and technical knowledge of water safety, first aid or aquatic industry roles.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation & report writing and relationship management skills
- Ability to make sound judgment, demonstrate sensitivity, creativity in response to changing needs and situations;
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including outside of normal working hours and ability and willingness to travel when required;
- Unrestricted Motor Vehicle Licence required;
- A background within Surf Life Saving and / or understanding of Lifeguard procedures, practices and policies (Desirable)
Main Location: Belrose and event sites as required
Position: Permanent, Part Time (22.5 hours/ 3 days per week)
How to apply:
- Review the position description and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state’s primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 76,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
Please note that only suitably experienced applicants meeting the above criteria will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in working with SLSNSW.