21 Jan 2022
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state’s primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 77,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a highly respected and iconic Australian organisation.
The Branch Administration Officer provides high quality administrative assistance and support to the Branch Executive Committee and Clubs within the Branch in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the Branch and SLSNSW.
Reporting to the Branch President, you will have the opportunity to use your customer service, communication and administrative skills to support our Clubs and in turn support our lifesavers on the beach.
- Branch administration including assisting with financial payments, receipts and reporting, assist with communications, such as mail outs/ social media, assist with building relationships with the local community
- Training and education support including processing assessment requests for Awards, supporting trainers with preparing course paperwork and resources, assisting in the coordination of courses and monitoring the progress of endorsements
- Lifesaving and support operations including assisting in rostering of personnel, coordinating gear and equipment grants, maintaining Branch records and liaising on the maintenance of assets
- Meetings and events including developing a calendar for Branch activities, preparing Agendas and Minutes, coordinating Award ceremonies and other meetings such as the Branch AGM and Council meetings
- Club administration assistance including support for access to resources, the lodgement of compliancy documents and other day to day administrative support.
Essential skills required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well-developed oral and written communications skills (including presentation and report writing) and the ability to communicate to stakeholders at any level
- Proven ability to work independently and part of a team
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks and multi task
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability and willingness to travel (within the branch and occasionally to SLSNSW HQ) when required and an unrestricted Motor Vehicle Licence
- Proven ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work out of business hours (commensurate time in lieu offered).
An understanding of Surf Life Saving and Not for Profit organisations would be an advantage.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements can be negotiated on mutual agreement
- Work with a passionate volunteer group in an iconic organisation.
Location: 64 Smith Street, Wollongong NSW 2500
Position: Full time (Mon to Fri 8:30am – 5pm)
How to apply
- Visit our website – surflifesaving.com.au/get-involved/work-for-us
- Send through a current copy of your resume and cover letter (no more than 3 pages)
- Review the position description and include a written response to the selection criteria (no more than 3 pages)
For further information on this role please contact Human Resources on (02) 9471 8000. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held following the closing date.