17 Nov 2023
Lower North Coast (Forster, Newcastle, Hunter)
A part time opportunity to work for a highly respected and iconic Australian organisation Surf Life Saving NSW is now available for a suitably experienced person located in the Forster region.
Reporting to the Branch President, you will have the opportunity to use your customer service, communication and administrative skills to support our Clubs and in turn support our lifesavers on the beach.
- Branch Administration – collating reports, ensuring that Branch communication channels are maintained and accurate,
- Training and Education administration support
- Lifesaving and Support Operations – liaising with SLSNSW on repairs & maintenance of assets, and maintaining/ updating the Lifesaving section of the Branch website
- Meetings and Events – developing a calendar of Branch activities, preparing Agendas and Minutes, coordinating Award ceremonies and other meetings such as the Branch AGM and Council meetings.
- Member Development – promoting, coordinating and facilitating programs, collating expressions of interest for programs and processing evaluations and awards.
- Club Administration Assistance – the lodgment of annual compliancy items, coordinating club enquiries and providing other day to day administrative support as required.
Essential skills required
- Residing in the Forster region
- Excellent customer service & interpersonal skills at all levels
- Well-developed oral and written communications skills (including presentation and report writing) and the ability to communicate to stakeholders at any level;
- Strong organisational & time management skills
- Intermediate experience with MS suite applications;
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude;
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks and multitask;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Ability and willingness to travel (within the Forster region and occasionally to SLSNSW HQ in Sydney) when required;
- Unrestricted Motor Vehicle Licence required;
An understanding of Surf Life Saving and Not for Profit organisations would be an advantage.
What’s in it for you?
- Work from home
- Part time opportunity with flexibility on days worked
- Salary packaging options to increase your net income
- Work with a passionate volunteer group in an iconic organisation.
Location: Forster region
Position: Permanent Part Time – 2.5 days per week – days to be negotiated.
How to apply
- Via Seek