13 Jun 2022
Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
Work in a highly respected and iconic Australian organisation!
With the opportunity to use your administrative skills to support our Clubs and in turn support our lifesavers on the beach.
What’s in it for you?
- Job Share opportunity
- Loads of variety
- Work with a passionate volunteer group in an iconic organisation
- Eligible for Salary Packaging ($15,900) to increase your net pay
- Free Employee Assistance Program EAP
As our Branch Administration Officer, you will provide high quality administrative assistance and support to the Branch Executive Committee and Clubs within the Illawarra Branch in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the Branch and SLSNSW.
- Branch administration including assisting with financial payments, receipts and reporting, assist with communications, such as mail outs/ social media, assist with building relationships with the local community
- Training and education support including processing assessment requests for Awards, supporting trainers with preparing course paperwork and resources, assisting in the coordination of courses and monitoring the progress of endorsements
- Lifesaving and support operations including assisting in rostering of personnel, coordinating gear and equipment grants, maintaining Branch records and liaising on the maintenance of assets
- Meetings and events including developing a calendar for Branch activities, preparing Agendas and Minutes, coordinating Award ceremonies and other meetings such as the Branch AGM and Council meetings
- Club administration assistance including support for access to resources, the lodgement of compliancy documents and other day to day administrative support.
Essential skills required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well-developed oral and written communications skills (including presentation and report writing) and the ability to communicate to stakeholders at any level
- Proven ability to work independently and part of a team
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Social Media experience
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks and multi task
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability and willingness to travel (within the branch and occasionally to SLSNSW HQ) when required and an unrestricted Motor Vehicle Licence
- Proven ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work out of business hours (commensurate time in lieu offered).
An understanding of Surf Life Saving and Not for Profit organisations would be an advantage.
Position: Full time, Job Share Opportunity
How to apply
- Visit Seek to read more
- Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state’s primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 77,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
Please note that only suitably experienced applicants meeting the above criteria will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in working with SLSNSW.