20 Aug 2023
Nowra, Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
A part time opportunity to work for a highly respected and iconic Australian organisation Surf Life Saving NSW.
Reporting to the Branch President, you will have the opportunity to use your customer service, communication and administrative skills to support our Clubs and in turn support our lifesavers on the beach.
- Branch Administration including collating reports, ensuring that Branch communication channels are maintained and accurate, assisting with the delivery of communications to external audiences as required and amending key documents.
- Training and Education Support including providing support to personnel through accessing and preparing course paperwork, resources and general updates and assisting with the coordination of Branch run courses.
- Lifesaving and Support Operations including assisting in rostering of personnel, coordinating gear and equipment grants, maintaining Branch records and liaising on the maintenance of assets.
- Meetings and Events including developing a calendar for Branch activities, preparing Agendas and Minutes, coordinating Award ceremonies and other meetings such as the Branch AGM and Council meetings.
- Member Development including promoting, coordinating and facilitating programs, collating expressions of interest for programs and processing evaluations and awards.
- Club Administration Assistance including the lodgement of compliancy documents, organising annual training, coordinating club orders and other day to day administrative support.
Essential skills required
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Well-developed oral and written communications skills (including presentation and report writing) and the ability to communicate to stakeholders at any level;
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent computer skills in a number of Microsoft Office applications;
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude;
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks and multitask;
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel (within the branch and occasionally to SLSNSW HQ) when required;
- Unrestricted Motor Vehicle Licence required;
- Proven ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, and creativity to changing needs and situations.
An understanding of Surf Life Saving and Not for Profit organisations would be an advantage.
What’s in it for you?
- Part time opportunity with flexibility on days worked
- Salary packaging options to increase your net income
- New purpose built office with onsite parking
- Work with a passionate volunteer group in an iconic organisation.
Location: 92 Albatross Road, South Nowra
Position: Permanent Part Time – 2.5 days per week – days to be negotiated.
How to apply
- Via Seek