17 Oct 2023
This role will work closely with volunteers and staff across the state to champion the NSW Child Safe Standards and assists Surf Life Saving NSW and its 129 clubs to work towards creating child safe organisations.
What’s in for you?
- Supportive working environment within a positive and professional team
- Support a dedicated For Purpose iconic organisation
- Salary packaging to increase your net income
- Onsite parking
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program (EAP)
Some of the duties will include:
- Monitor and coordinate the implementation of SLSNSW’s Child Safe Action Plan.
- Build and develop relationships with stakeholders
- Provide support by responding to enquiries from volunteer child safe coordinators.
- Assist with the implementation of policies, procedures, tools and resources designed to support clubs and branches to be child safe.
- Deliver presentations and workshops on the NSW Child Safe Standards to volunteers.
- Represent SLSNSW at external meetings, workshops and conferences
Essential Qualification and Experience Required
- Knowledge and understanding of the NSW Child Safe Standards
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and consultation skills with both youth and adult audiences.
- Ability to plan and deliver presentations and short workshops.
- Ability to build and develop stakeholder engagement
- An ability to prioritise competing demands and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Valid Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Flexible approach to work outside normal business hours for occasional meetings
- Experience in a volunteer led or community organisation (desirable)
- Location: Belrose
- Position: 2.5 days per week (18.75 hours)
How to apply
- Via Seek