4 Nov 2023
Illawarra SLS Branch (Wollongong) + WFH
Surf Life Saving NSW is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and self-driven individual to join our team as a Club Capability Support Coordinator, providing capability and strategy support to identified clubs within the Illawarra branch.
This role will work with clubs to increase patrolling strength, support patrol rostering to maximise capability and assist with the coordination of training and education across the branch. Specific membership recruitment plans for the 2023/24 season and beyond will be a key deliverable in this role.
What’s in for you?
- Supportive working environment within a positive and professional team
- Support a dedicated For Purpose iconic organisation
- Salary packaging to increase your net income
- flexible working arrangements
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program (EAP)
- Coordinate training and resources for clubs to enhance patrolling capability.
- Develop structured patrol rosters to maximize patrolling strength.
- Identify pathways for enhanced award acquisition to strengthen patrolling capability.
- Support adherence to operational requirements and timelines to achieve organizational goals.
- Support clubs in implementing membership recruitment strategies.
- Develop long-term recruitment and engagement campaigns for sustained membership growth.
- Increase patrolling and overall membership at identified clubs within Illawarra Branch.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders through regular communication.
- Collaborate with other departments to address key priorities within the Illawarra.
- Serve as the liaison between clubs and SLSNSW, representing the organization professionally.
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience in project coordination, including project planning and delivery.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve collective success.
- High attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and multitask.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a focus on finding practical solutions.
- Ability to handle resistance and navigate through challenges, remaining positive and focused on achieving objectives.
- Demonstrated commitment to going above and beyond, with a proactive and dedicated approach to work.
- Sound computer skills particularly Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Flexible attitude to work, including evening and/or weekend work.
- Current drivers licence
- Knowledge of or current/ previous involvement in Surf Life Saving an advantage.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, who can take ownership of tasks and consistently deliver results. This position requires a proactive approach to staying focused on operational requirements and the ability to motivate others. The successful candidate should possess exceptional problem-solving skills and be able to handle situations where resistance to change or new ideas may arise.
- Location: Illawarra SLS Branch (Wollongong) + WFH
- Position: 3-5 days per week flexible with hours and days
- Contract end: up to 30/6/2024
How to apply
- Via Seek