23 Nov 2023
Belrose NSW & hybrid work option
We are looking for a highly organised and detail-oriented individual to provide crucial support in managing and maintaining Emergency Management and incident related communication systems.
Primary responsibilities to include assisting with system administration and communication projects.
The role will also assist in troubleshooting system issues, and providing support to Public Safety department staff, contractors, and end-users inclusive of our volunteer members across the state.
What’s in for you?
- Support a dedicated For Purpose iconic organisation
- Day to day variety + project management
- Full or Part time hours considered.
- Max Term Contract to 30th June 2025
- Belrose head office location, modern offices, great staff facilities
- 2 days work from home
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 to increase your net pay
- Supportive working environment, excellent company culture
- positive and professional team
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program (EAP)
- Provide operational support to the Communication Systems Manager to ensure Radio Network upgrades, installations, and migrations, meet project timelines and budgets.
- Assist external vendors and service providers to ensure effective radio network performance and resolve any service-related issues.
- Assist the Communication Systems Manager with relevant Government, Council and local agencies and organisations ensuring site access requirements are met and all stakeholders are kept informed or relevant project development.
- Investigate new and emerging technologies for greater capability and optimum operational efficiency of communications systems.
- Maintain accurate documentation of communication system configurations, changes, and procedures.
- Assist in the administration and maintenance of communication systems, including radio, fibre, video, and spatial systems, monitoring their health and liaising with affected staff and contractors to return system to full functionality, limiting the impact on critical services.
- Conduct regular system audits to identify and address any vulnerabilities or performance issues
- Assist to develop communication system policies, procedures, and best practices and assist in preparing written project updates for senior management and the board.
- Collaborate with external vendors and service providers to ensure effective system performance and resolve any service-related issues.
- Provide technical support to end-users
- Attend project sites to evaluate progress and respond to contractor/public concerns as required
- Promote and demonstrate regular communication and consultation throughout project delivery
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in radio networks and communications
- Spatial Data/GIS experience desirable
- An understanding/experience of risk management processes
- Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong relationship building & negotiation skills with internal & external stakeholders
- Knowledge of or current/ previous involvement in Surf Life Saving an advantage.
- Current driver’s licence and willing to undertake travel within the state
- Flexible attitude to work, including outside of normal working hours.
Location: Belrose / hybrid
Position: Full Time or Part time dependent on experience
How to apply: Visit Seek