29 Feb 2024
SLSNSW’s Community Education Team operates across New South Wales, facilitating the delivery of beach and water safety awareness programs and campaigns to schools, community groups and other organisations. The team operates in an evidence-based environment, working collaboratively with partner organisations, paid staff and Surf Life Saving clubs and volunteers to achieve its goals.
In this role, you will be working to increase the community’s engagement with community education initiatives, with a focus on those most at-risk of drowning in NSW.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working environment, work from home 2 days a week
- Salary packaging up to $18,550 to increase your net pay
- Positive dynamic, purpose driven culture
- Supportive manager
- Focused, high energy and engaged team
- Onsite parking
- Opportunities to learn and excel
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Lovely bush location and outlook with great staff facilities
Some of the duties will include:
- Overseeing the coordination of program delivery, ensuring that KPI’s are met within approved budgets.
- Developing evidence-based grant applications, meeting reporting and acquittal requirements.
- Leading staff within the Community Education team to deliver a quality service with measurable outcomes.
- Proven ability to manage and lead staff with a hands-on approach in a team environment;
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and build relationships with internal & external stakeholders such as SLS members and clubs, LGA’s, schools, community groups, and members of the public at all levels;
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, Project);
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and manage volunteers;
- Demonstrated experience managing events and/or programs/projects, including program evaluation;
- Previous experience developing and managing budgets;
Essential Experience Required
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities to meet project deadlines.
- Experience in managing individuals and teams to meet short and long term organisational goals.
Experience in working or volunteering for a not-for-profit or community-based organisation, specifically a water safety or other public health organisation and/or knowledge of Surf Life Saving in New South Wales would be an advantage.
The right person for this role will be excited by leading and implementing change.
- Location: Belrose
- Position: Full time fixed term contract with potential to extend.
How to apply: Via Seek
Please Note: We are actively hiring for this role, positions may be filled before closing date.