25 Feb 2022
This role is fast-paced and requires a switched on individual who can be across many tasks to support and contribute towards the delivery of the UAV Services Program.
Australian Uncrewed Aerial Vehicle Service – Who are we?
The Australian Uncrewed Aerial Vehicle Service (AUAVS) is an operational unit of Surf Life Saving Services Pty Ltd (SLSS). The AUAVS is the provider of the largest coastal UAV (drone) surveillance program in the Southern Hemisphere and has the experience and capability to operate UAVs for a range of different public safety uses across both the NSW coastline, as well as nationally and internationally.
- Marine Search and Rescue (SAR)
- Incident Response and Support
- Wildlife Surveillance
- Event Safety and Risk Mitigation
- Beach Assessment and Mapping
- Aerial Data Collection and Analysis
Desirable skills and knowledge
- A background within Surf Life Saving and / or thorough understanding of lifesaving operations;
- An understanding of radio technology / equipment;
- Strong understanding of SLSNSW SOPs;
- Previous experience working with paid staff and volunteers;
- Experience with flying UAV’s &/or a RePL certificate;
- Ability to lift heavy equipment;
- Ability to assist with UAV maintenance tasks.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain and develop skills in a growing industry;
- Hybrid working options
- onsite parking
- Work with a passionate volunteer group in an iconic Australian organisation.
Essential skills required
- Well-developed communications skills (including presentation and report writing) and the ability to communicate to stakeholders at any level
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office applications
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Highly organised, able to prioritise tasks and manage multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability and willingness to travel when required
- Unrestricted Drivers Licence
- Sound judgment, ability to adapt to changing situations;
- Ability to follow workflows and manage email inboxes effectively;
- Ability to perform stocktake, packing and shipping
- Flexibility with hours including some Sundays and Public Holidays.
- Collate and record statistical information for reporting
• Log and manage equipment
• Management file footage and document storage
• Liaise with Media & Communication team and provide footage and details for stories and releases
• Log volunteer pilot hours against each individual
• Manage bookings for training & meetings
• Manage expressions of interest for training & piloting
• Oversee all rostering for the UAV program;
• Assist with stocktake of materials/equipment;
• Assist with the maintenance of the pilot database.
• Ensure all operational and training kits meet required specifications
• Assist to identify clubs that require assistance in building UAV capacity
Position: Full Time, Fixed term.
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state’s primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 76,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
Further details including a position description can be found on our website www.surflifesaving.com.au
We thank you for your interest in working with Surf Life Saving NSW however only applicants who successfully meet the required skills and experience will be contacted.