22 Apr 2022
Belrose NSW & hybrid work option
This position is responsible for building capability in Australian UAV/ Drone Service programs across the membership and delivering staff, member and commercial training and education programs.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working options
- Gain and develop skills in a growing industry;
- Work with a passionate volunteer group in an iconic organisation.
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 to increase your net pay
- management of recruitment of UAV Pilots
- communication with applicants
- database management & log pilot hours
- Assist with rostering & stock take of materials & equipment
- maintenance of the pilot database
- Organise bookings for training & meetings
- Development training programs such as Induction & Proficiencies
- Business development of training opportunities
- Liaising with external training organisations
- Management of employment information,
- Manage and update rostered hours
- Collate and record statistical information,
- use of the flight management system to log and manage equipment
- Management of file footage and document storage with each UAV kit;
- Liaise with Media & Communication team for provide timely information and footage for stories and releases
Essential skills required
- Well-developed oral and written communications skills (including presentation and report writing) and the ability to communicate to stakeholders at any level;
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work independently and part of a team;
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with internal & external stakeholders
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel when required;
- Unrestricted Motor Vehicle Licence required;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and Public Holidays;
- Ability to review, develop, and deliver online and practical training material;
Desirable skills and knowledge
- A background within Surf Life Saving and / or thorough understanding of lifesaving operations;
- An understanding of radio technology / equipment;
- Previous experience working with volunteers;
- Experience flying UAV’s;
- An RePL certificate or equivalent qualification;
- A background in training, education, and assessment;
- Experience in using Salesforce for administration functions.
Location: Flexible working and Belrose Head Office
Position: Full time, permanent
How to apply
- Via Seek
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state’s primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 76,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
We thank you for your interest in working with Surf Life Saving NSW however only applicants who successfully meet the required skills and experience will be contacted.