18 Aug 2023
The Emergency Response Officer is responsible for the assisting in the day-to-day functions of the State Operations Centre which is the primary communications and coordination hub for all coastal emergencies.
The role will assist in monitoring the Surf Emergency Response System (SERS) to reduce response times, maximise agency coordination, minimise ambiguity, and ensure member safety. The role will achieve this by being the primary point of contact for all Emergency Services, relevant agencies, and appropriate Lifesaving personnel in the coordination of incidents along the NSW coastline.
Training will be provided to successful applicants in September 2023.
What’s in it for you?
- Develop skills in a vital industry
- Ongoing training
- Supportive working environment within a positive and professional team
- Positive dynamic, purpose-driven culture
- Opportunity to work in modern, light filled refurbished offices and in a relaxed and sociable environment
- Over 18
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive computer skills including Microsoft Office and web-based data systems
Desirable skills and knowledge
- A background within Surf Life Saving and / or thorough understanding of lifesaving operations;
- An understanding of radio technology / equipment;
- Have previous experience in Emergency Services;
Location: Surf Life Saving NSW Headquarters – Belrose
How to apply
- Via Seek