6 Nov 2023
Belrose NSW & hybrid work option
Implement and coordinate Surf Life Saving NSW’s new Surf Sports Academy program. This role is an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to assist designing and implementing a new surf sports pathway program, through Regional Academies of Sport along the NSW coastline.
What’s in for you?
- Option to work remotely/ hybrid or from Belrose head office.
- Variety and regional travel
- Supportive working environment within a positive and professional team
- Support a dedicated For Purpose iconic organisation
- Salary packaging to increase your net income
- flexible working arrangements
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program (EAP)
You will be responsible for developing structures and protocols that support athletes and coaches across the newly developed SLSNSW Development Academies. Some other outcomes for this role will be:
- collaborate with a dedicated group of volunteers & sports professionals across the Regional Academy of Sport network.
- establish success metrics for the academies, implement current trends and influences within high performance sport.
- support the development of coaches across the network and contribute to the implementation of athlete and coach specific strategic initiatives identified in Surf Sports – Re Imagined – our three year strategic plan.
Further information on specific responsibilities is available in the Position Description on our website (see below)
Skills & Experience Required
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience (E.g. Bachelor of Physical Education, Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science)
- Strong administration and project co-ordination skills
- Ability to coordinate staff & volunteers and previous experience working with members and volunteers.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in high performance pathways and activities (coaches/athletes).
- Previous experience managing sub – elite pathway initiatives.
- Ability to lead strategic development of programs and activities.
- Ability to undertake travel as required
- flexible approach to work hours – must be willing to work weekends as required.
- Strong Interpersonal, relationship building & negotiation skills with internal & external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills.
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Current drivers licence
- Knowledge of or current/ previous involvement in Surf Life Saving an advantage.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, who can take ownership of tasks and deliver results. This position requires a proactive approach to achieving outcomes and the ability to motivate others. The successful candidate should possess exceptional project co-ordination and stakeholder management skills. Previous experience working with members and volunteers would be advantageous.
- Location: Remote/ Hybrid or Belrose head Office
- Position: 2 days per week flexible with hours and days
- Contract end: up to 30/6/2024
How to apply
- via Seek