11 Feb 2022
Belrose and North Coast
A rare part-time opportunity has become available for a support officer to join the energetic and outcome focused Training & Education team at Surf Life Saving NSW. Reporting to the Training & Education Manager, you will work directly with volunteers and staff to support and embed education policies, processes and programs in the North Coast regions.
The location of this position is flexible and may suit someone based on the North Coast however occasional travel to Belrose head office approximately 2-3 times per year and Surf Life Saving northern branches will be required. Flexible working available.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a high performing and iconic organisation. We will provide the right person with a supportive and flexible working environment, with opportunities to travel within the northern NSW coastline.
Some of the duties will include:
- Providing member-centric support through one-to-one meetings and ad hoc support to key volunteers, including contact out of normal business hours.
- Assisting with the delivery of inductions to new volunteer training officers.
- Working cooperatively within a team to ensure that volunteers’ needs are met, best practice is shared, and that continuous improvement is achieved.
Essential skills required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of Surf Life Saving operations.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and multitask.
- Strong positive problem solving skills and positive approach to solutions.
About this opportunity:
- Location: Flexible – travel within allocated region and occasional travel to to SLSNSW Headquarters (Belrose) required.
- Position: Part Time (22.5 hrs/week – flexible over a fortnight)
Knowledge of the Australian Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector and/or previous or current experience as a Surf Life Saving trainer or assessor would be an advantage.
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state’s primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 77,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development
Please note that only suitably experienced applicants meeting the above criteria will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in working with SLSNSW.