1 Jun 2022
Belrose NSW & hybrid work option
The UAV Capability and Compliance Coordinator is responsible for ensuring ReOC and excluded compliance, ensuring AUAVS is audit-ready at all times, identifying, tailoring, and integrating new non-typical training, with the overall aim of ensuring compliance and increasing capability of the AUAVS.
The UAV Capability and Compliance Coordinator is also responsible for engaging in the Lifesaver Drone Outreach Program and AUAVS media release and promotion, and overseeing the UAV Maintenance Officer in their duties.
- Auditing and Compliance ensuring ongoing development of Salesforce for audit purposes; ensuring internal flight breaches are followed up and reported; flight adjustments made to address any ongoing compliance issues; provide feedback to regulators and industry bodies on training matters to ensure AUAVS’s direction is well-represented in future planning.
- Approvals including review and creation of standardised approvals; AUAVS training; and assist with maintenance of the pilot database.
- AUAVS SOPs and ReOC Manual Maintenance ensuring projects have the required UAV pilots and serviceable equipment; respond to emergency callouts where available.
Essential skills required
- Well-developed oral and written communications skills (including procedure, risk assessment and mitigation, presentation and report documents) and the ability to communicate to stakeholders at any level;
- Experience in auditing and creating organisational excellence;
- Ability and willingness to travel when required;
- Proven ability to review regulation, and then to synthesise, develop, and write training material;
- Ability to develop rapport with platform providers, and training organisations.
- Ability to be trained on and manage a Microsoft Teams
- Proven ability to work independently and part of a team;
- Excellent skills Microsoft Office suite;
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude;
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks and multi task;
- Excellent organisational skills and a high degree of confidentiality;
- Unrestricted Motor Vehicle Licence required;
- Proven ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and Public Holidays;
Desirable skills and knowledge
- A background within Surf Life Saving and / or understanding of emergency operations;
- An understanding of radio technology / equipment;
- An understanding of aviation law;
- An understanding of radar, detect and avoid, and ISR systems;
- Experience with flying UAV’s;
- An RePL certificate or equivalent qualification;
- An IREX;
- Experience in creating NOTAMs;
- Experience in using Salesforce.
What’s in it for you?
- Work within a growth industry with exciting future projects and career opportunities
- Gain further experience and training in a niche industry
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year) to increase your net income
- Work with a passionate volunteer group in an iconic organisation contributing to public safety
- Variety of work and location
- Flexible work options
Location: Belrose, NSW/ Hybrid work options
Position: Full time
How to apply
- Send through a current copy of your resume and cover letter
- Click Apply via Seek
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state’s primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 77,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
Please note that only suitably experienced applicants meeting the above criteria will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in working with SLSNSW.