29 May 2022
Belrose NSW & hybrid work option
This is a rare opportunity to work in a highly sought after industry within a respected and iconic Australian for purpose organisation.
The UAV (Drone) Regulations and Policy Coordinator is responsible for supporting all Surf Life Saving and Surf Life Saving Services UAV operations in ensuring efficient operational objectives are met in line with the SLS Strategic & Business Plans.
Reporting to the Australian UAV Service (AUAVS) Manager, you will have the opportunity to utilise your strong technical knowledge of UAV’s, regulatory knowledge and policy review skills to enable future growth e of the UAV program, meeting the strategic objectives
- Development of BVLOS Approvals including collecting safety data; develop draft approvals and procedures for BVLOS operations; assist with developing and delivering training, and maintenance of the pilot database.
- Relationship Development with potential providers and business opportunities; review MOU and platform documentation, ensuring platform is fit for purpose and ensure AUAVS’s direction is well-represented in future planning.
- Maintain AUAVS SOPs and ReOC Manual by reviewing updated legislation and adverse flight reports.
Essential skills required
- Proven ability to review regulation, and then to synthesise, develop, and write documentation;
- Well-developed oral and written communications skills (including procedure, risk assessment and mitigation, presentation and report documents) and the ability to communicate to stakeholders at any level;
- Knowledge of the JARUS SORA process for BVLOS approvals;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to develop rapport with regulators, platforms providers, and training organisations.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and multi task;
- Excellent organisational skills and a high degree of confidentiality;
- Proven ability to work independently and part of a team;
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude;
- Unrestricted Motor Vehicle Licence required;
- Proven ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations;
- Ability and willingness to travel when required;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and Public Holidays;
Desirable skills and knowledge
- A background within Surf Life Saving and / or understanding of emergency operations;
- An understanding of radio technology / equipment;
- An understanding of aviation law;
- An understanding of radar, detect and avoid, and ISR systems;
- Experience with flying UAV’s;
- An RePL certificate or equivalent qualification;
- An IREX;
- A background in document writing and regulatory approvals.
What’s in it for you?
- Work within a growth industry with exciting future projects and career opportunities
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year) to increase your net income
- Work with a passionate volunteer group in an iconic organisation contributing to public safety
- Variety of project work
- Flexible work options
Location: Belrose, NSW/ Hybrid work options
Position: Full time
How to apply
- Send through a current copy of your resume and cover letter
- Click Apply via Seek
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state’s primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 77,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
Please note that only suitably experienced applicants meeting the above criteria will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in working with SLSNSW.