2 Jun 2022
Far North Coast
A UAV Supervisor is responsible for providing support and guidance to casual UAV staff and members across their region of operations. They also play a role in maintaining and ensuring the serviceability of the AUAVS fleet and all associated equipment within their region of operations.
Reporting to the UAV Operations Officer, you will have the opportunity to use your excellent practical, communication, operations administration, and data collection skills to further the aims of the Australian UAV Service.
- Training and Competency including assisting with local promotion of casual UAV Pilot and Operator roles into the local community; updating of pilot working hours; bookings for trainings and meetings, collation of expressions of interview for training and piloting, overseeing rostering, stocktake of materials and assist in maintaining the pilot database; providing guidance to UAV staff, including Location Equipment Officers.
- Administration including the collation of statistical information; the management of file footage and document storage with each UAV kit, and the liaison with Media & Communication team with information required for stories and releases;
- Operations responsibilities include assisting the UAV Operations Coordinator in ensuring the various projects have the required UAV pilots and serviceable equipment – auditing locations and liaising with Location Equipment Officers as necessary; respond to emergency callouts where available, utilising a UAV kit within their vehicle.
Essential skills required
- Relevant current qualifications including:
- SLS UAV Operator Induction Program (or ability to gain this qualification);
- Substantial experience and technical knowledge of UAV operations or similar roles;
- An understanding of Surf Life Saving procedures, practices, and policies;
- A strong sense of responsibility to comply with regulations governed by CASA and SLS UAV Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);Strong organisation and administrative skills and a proven ability in determining priorities, making sound judgements, and meeting deadlines without supervision;
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A professional attitude and appearance;
- People-management skills with proven ability to lead and motivate others and to earn respect;
- Proficient computer skills including the full suite of Microsoft Office programs and knowledge of database management;
- Current unrestricted Drivers Licence;
- Willingness to undertake daily travel to various locations;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and Public Holidays;
- A demonstrated commitment and working knowledge of ethical practices, WHS, EEO and anti-discrimination;
Desirable skills and knowledge
- Holds a Remote Pilot Licence (RePL);
- Holds an Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate;
- Experience and technical knowledge of UAVs and relevant CASA regulations;
- Previous involvement in SLSNSW UAV Programs;
- Working knowledge of the Work Health & Safety Act as they relate to this position.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with a passionate group in an iconic for purpose organisation focused on public safety.
- Gain further experience and training in a niche industry with exciting future projects and career opportunities
- Phone & vehicle provided
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year) to increase your net income
- Variety of work and location
Location: Optional within Far North Coast
Position: Full time
How to apply
- Send through a current copy of your resume and cover letter
- Click Apply via Seek
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state’s primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 77,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
Please note that only suitably experienced applicants meeting the above criteria will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in working with SLSNSW.