6 Oct 2023
MidCoast, Port Macquarie
The role is responsible for the support and operational delivery of the organisation’s state-wide emergency management and frontline support operations capability.
Through the delivery of training and services, this role will ensure that the organisation is positioned to meet its obligations under the State Rescue Policy and other relevant State Sub-Plans. This will be achieved by considering the diverse skills and experience of the organisation’s membership within the respective emergency management zone and regularly undertaking capability gap analysis with the respective Branches to identify areas of continuous improvement.
The role is a key member of the Public Safety portfolio and is required to support the delivery of the organisation’s frontline capability. This will be done through the assistance in the development and maintenance of support operations capability across the state.
What’s in for you?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging and a fully maintained Motor Vehicle and phone
- Regular professional development opportunities
- Supportive working environment within a positive and professional team
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program (EAP)
Emergency Management Framework
- Maintain a thorough understanding of local and state emergency management policies, plans and guidelines.
- Ensure that the organisation’s emergency management framework is delivered in a consistent approach
- Assist in the consultation and guidance of the membership across the respective emergency management zone
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure frontline support is delivered to respective Branches within the emergency management zone
Emergency Management Operations
- Assist the Emergency Management Manager to provide advice and support
- Assist the organisation’s emergency response by monitoring and assessing incidents in real-time, analysing data and collaborating with relevant stakeholders
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of emergency response procedures and make recommendations for improvements
- Lead the delivery of emergency management training and exercises within the emergency management zone
- Represent the organisation on external groups (e.g., REMC, LEMC, other committees as required).
- Ensure interoperability is developed and maintained with other key external agencies
Frontline Operational Support and Professional Development
- Deliver face to face and virtual training and/or assessment services across the respective emergency management
- Keep up with emerging trends and advances in emergency management and attend training sessions, workshops and conferences as needed
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or willingness to obtain within agreed period
- Knowledge of ASQA and RTO requirements;
- SLSNSW Bronze Medallion or Certificate II in Public Safety (or higher award) or willingness to obtain within agreed period.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A background within Surf Life Saving and / or thorough understanding of lifesaving operations and/ or emergency services;
- people management, conflict resolution, diplomacy and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking and relationship management skills
- Project management experience
- Unrestricted Motor Vehicle Licence required;
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including outside of normal working hours
Main Location: Nambucca – MidCoast
Position: Permanent, Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
How to apply:
- Visit Seek