The NSW Government is helping kids get active with the Active Kids program.
The Active Kids program provides two $50 vouchers for parents, guardians and carers of school-enrolled children to use towards sport and active recreation costs each year. The vouchers can be redeemed towards payment of membership or fees with an approved provider each calendar year.
Voucher 1 is valid January to December and Voucher 2 is valid July to December. Parents can apply for an Active Kids Voucher here. Members renewing their club membership using an Active Kids voucher can do so through the Members Area.
Active Kids 2023/24 – Pre-Season Information for Clubs
Active Kids provider registration continues into the 2023/24 Surf Life Saving season, and clubs do not need to re-register for the program. To check if your club is listed a current provider – please search the Active Kids Provider Page. If your club does not come up as activated follow these instructions.
Please find a NSW government update for all Active Kids providers here.
To manage the delegates who login and access your Active Kids account, you can add or remove delegates on the Delegation tab.
- Log into your account on www.service.nsw.gov.au via the email address that is connected to the Active Kids provider account (reset password if necessary).
- Hover your mouse over ‘My Account’ on the top right-hand side of the page
- Select your sporting club from the drop-down box
- Select ‘Delegations’
- Add the email address/es of your additional committee member/s
- They will receive an email with instructions on how to update their access to the account. There is a limited time this link will work (Please get them to check their Spam inbox as well).
Please make sure you have added additional delegates and they are on the system, BEFORE you revoke any delegates. If you revoke any without new delegations accepted, you will lock yourselves out of the system.
Once members redeem their Active Kids voucher, no further action is needed from the club – Service NSW will automatically transfer the money to the club.
Active Kids Reporting
SurfGuard has the option for three club members to be listed as an Active Kids Officer position. These position holders are able to run reports in their Members Area account to view which members have paid the membership using an Active Kids voucher. Club Administrators, Secretaries or Registrars may find this helpful.