The Performance Coach course has been created to provide coaches with the knowledge and skills to effectively plan and deliver discipline specific coaching sessions with a particular focus on athlete performance.
At the completion of this course coaches will be able to:
- Develop a long term, integrated plan designed to develop discipline specific Surf Sport athletes in the Perform phase of development.
- Effectively implement a long term plan designed to develop a group of discipline specific Surf Sport athletes in the Perform phase of development.
- Accurately analyse the technical, tactical physical and psychological skills of Surf Sport athletes in the Perform phase of development
- Develop the technical, tactical, physical and psychological capacities of Surf Sport athletes in the Perform phase of development.
- Effectively facilitate the delivery of the SLSA Coach and NCAS Accreditation Program – Practical Workshop.
- Effectively assess SLSA Coach and NCAS Accreditation Program candidates.
- Effectively mentor SLSA Coach and NCAS Accreditation Program candidates.
- Monitor and review coaching sessions and plans and make adjustments as required
Target: Ex-surf competitors, NSW accredited coaches wishing to coach surf sports athletes at the performance level.
Duration (theory & practical): A mix of theory and practical education methods. The two-part theory component must be completed prior to the practical course.
Enrolment prerequisites: Participants must be 18+ years to enrol in this course. Development Coach Award.
Enrolment to the Performance Coach Course is via a registration process on the SLSA Members Area, applicants will be contacted by their relevant State Centre with acceptance to the course or otherwise.
Cost: $165 including GST