The SLSNSW Member Training and Education Standard Operating Procedures (‘SLSNSW Education SOPs’) outline the key policies and procedures relevant to delivering SLS member training and education in NSW.
They contains valuable information on:
- The TAF Endorsement process (how to become a TAF)
- The TAF Supervisory framework
- Training delivery and assessment procedures
- Complaints and Grievances
- TAF Uniforms
- Training and Education administration processes
If you have any questions about or feedback on the SLSNSW Education SOPs, please let the SLSNSW Training and Education Team know so they can help.
What are the award administration processing times and time frames?
- Credit Transfers Requests – Processed weekly by SLSNSW on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Powercraft licences – processed and printed at SLSNSW during the first and second week of the month. Allow 1-2 weeks for them to arrive by mail.
- Service awards – processed and printed at SLSNSW during the third week of the month. Allow 1-2 weeks for them to arrive by mail.
- Recognition awards – processed and printed at SLSNSW during the fourth week of the month. Allow 1-2 weeks for them to arrive by mail.
- Junior and Member awards – processed weekly then printed and engraved in bulk by external providers at the end of each month. Allow 2+ weeks for certificates and medallions to arrive by mail from external provider.
IT SYSTEMS FEEDBACK AND ENHANCEMENT SUGGESTIONS
Our IT systems are continuously improving based on member feedback and enhancement suggestions. No matter how big or small your idea is, we’d love to hear from you by completing the SLSNSW IT Enhancement Suggestion Form below.
Suggestions are reviewed each month by SLSNSW Digital Working Group members who help prioritise suggestions for development. They also support the review of suggestions in conjunction with national IT committee and working group members if required.
Please note that any IT enhancement suggestion that progresses through to development may take at least 4 months to implement.