Surf Life Saving NSW is pleased to confirm the participants for the 2017 Junior Development Academy Program.
Forty-four of the state’s most promising water athletes aged between 12 and 14 will congregate on Sydney’s Northern Beaches in early October for a three-day program aimed to help introduce them to a high performance environment.
The young athletes chosen for this program already boast impressive resumes with Country and NSW medallists counted among their number.
“I would like to congratulate all these young competitors on their selection for this program,” said NSW Surf Sports Manager Rob Pidgeon.
“The aim of the program has always been to create an opportunity for these young athletes to learn new skills and techniques in an environment where they can work with their peers. There is no limit to how far they can go.
“For us it is important to establish a pathway from talented junior through to the senior level, and we’ve been incredibly lucky to have NSW Coach Jim Walker heavily involved in the program,” Mr Pidgeon said.
Many past participants have used this program as the first stepping stone to higher representative honours including competing for Australia on the world stage, and this year’s group will be hoping to add their name to this illustrious honour board.
2017 NSW Junior Development Academy Participants
Far North Coast
• Oliver Sharpe - (Lennox Head SLSC)
• Kalani Ives - (Yamba SLSC)
• Lily O’Sullivan - (Cudgen Headland SLSC)
• Maalik Moston - (Lennox Head SLSC)
• Hayley Fischer - (Sawtell SLSC)
• Margaret McConnachie - (Sawtell SLSC)
• Patrick Carey - (Sawtell SLSC)
• Orlaith Carey - (Sawtell SLSC)
Mid North Coast
• Tahj Thrower - (Tacking Point SLSC)
• Georgia Gaddes - (South West Rocks SLSC)
• Aneeka Reilly - (South West Rocks SLSC)
Lower North Coast
• Xavier Robertson-Reynolds - (Cape Hawke SLSC)
• Harrison Ward - (Cape Hawke SLSC)
• Abby Mulligan - (Cape Hawke SLSC)
• Braydan Lee - (Forster SLSC)
• Kurt Murphy – (Swansea Belmont SLSC)
• Brady Stewart – (Fingal Beach SLSC)
• Sophia McMahon - (Cooks Hill SLSC)
• Lily Forbes – (Cooks Hill SLSC)
• Savannah Angelozzi – (Cooks Hills SLSC)
• Poppi Lever – (Macmasters Beach SLSC)
• Thomas Rodham – (Umina SLSC)
• Kiara Jack – (Umina SLSC)
• Toby Armstrong – (Avoca Beach SLSC)
• Ryan Green – (Terrigal SLSC)
Sydney Northern Beaches
• Georgina Prowse – (North Curl Curl SLSC)
• Kimberley Doyle – (Manly LSC)
• Katelynn Doyle – (Manly LSC)
• Tia Emmott Bennett – (Manly LSC)
• Conner Maggs – (Manly LSC)
• Lily Finati – (North Bondi SLSC)
• Maya Dixon – (Wanda SLSC)
• Grace Elliot – (Elouera SLSC)
• Henri Carrera – (Wanda SLSC)
• Saskia Roberts – (North Bondi SLSC)
• Jade van Duin – (Bulli SLSC)
• Chelsea Jones – (Bulli SLSC)
• Dayle Air – (Thirroul SLSC)
• Caleb Sharman – (Bulli SLSC)
• Nathan Robinson – (Warilla – Barrack Point SLSC)
• Jackson Sheedy – (Warilla – Barrack Point SLSC)
• Olivia Hall – (Warilla – Barrack Point SLSC)
• Zeely Carberry – (Warilla – Barrack Point SLSC)
Far South Coast
• Kirra Dale – (Broulee Surfers SLSC)
Tuesday 29 August 2017