Surf Life Saving NSW is pleased to confirm the participants for the 2018 Junior Development Academy Program.
Forty-four of the state’s most promising water athletes aged between 12 and 14 will congregate on Sydney’s Northern Beaches during the October school holidays for a three-day program aimed to help introduce them to a high performance sport environment.
Selection in the program was extraordinarily competitive which underscores the depth of talent on the surf sport scene.
It bodes well for the future that the athletes ultimately chosen already boast impressive resumes with Country and NSW medallists counted among their number.
“The aim of the program has always been to create an opportunity for these young athletes to learn new skills and techniques in an environment where they can work with their peers,” said NSW Surf Sports Development Officer Chiara Nowland.
“With dedication to training and a bit of luck along the way there is no limit to how far they can go.
“I would like to congratulate all these young competitors on their selection for this program,” she said.
The Junior Development Academy plays an important role in establishing a clear pathway for talented junior athletes to make the step up to senior level, and has benefited from the input and knowledge of experienced coaches in NSW who have advised on the program.
A quick look at the archives reveals that many of the past participants have used this program as the first stepping stone to higher representative honours including competing for Australia on the world stage.
It’s fair to say that with deeds of the past serving as inspiration, this year’s group will be hoping to add their name to this illustrious honour board.
2018 NSW Junior Development Academy Participants
Far North Coast
- Charlotte Shepherd - Ballina Lighthouse & Lismore SLSC
- Noah Waldock - Ballina Lighthouse & Lismore SLSC
- Elizabeth Warne - Cudgen Headland SLSC
- Maalik Moston - Lennox Head SLSC
- Daniel Williams - Nambucca Heads SLSC
- Patrick Carey - Sawtell SLSC
- Jenson O’Leary - Sawtell SLSC
- Margaret McConnachie - Sawtell SLSC
Mid North Coast
- Taylah Moffitt - Kempsey- Crescent Head SLSC
- Andie Mcgrath - Port Macquarie SLSC
- Auraiha Hewens - Tacking Point SLSC
Lower North Coast
- Olivia Dew - Blackhead SLSC
- Joel Fleming - Forster SLSC
- Isabella Campbell - Cooks Hill SLSC
- Tiana Sargeant - Cooks Hill SLSC
- Charlie Burns - Cooks Hill SLSC
- Charlie Walker - Cooks Hill SLSC
- Sophie McGeachie - Swansea Belmont SLSC
- Kai Hodson - Avoca Beach SLSC
- Byron Benson - Avoca Beach SLSC
- Emma Duggan - North Avoca SLSC
- Sienna Scahill - Umina Beach SLSC
Sydney Northern Beaches
- Bailey Clues -Newport SLSC
- Kimberley Doyle - Newport SLSC
- Dominique Melbourn - North Curl Curl SLSC
- Sam Higgs - North Curl Curl SLSC
- Olivia Clues - North Curl Curl SLSC
- Mikayl Bird - Cronulla SLSC
- Bella Summer - Elouera SLSC
- Fred Carmody - North Bondi SLSC
- Jaiden Marshall - South Maroubra SLSC
- Fletcher Warn - Wanda SLSC
- Brayden Woodford - Bulli SLSC
- Imogen James - Bulli SLSC
- Jazz Munro - Bulli SLSC
- Sabina Rogers - Helensburgh-Stanwell Park SLSC
- Brock Neall - Warilla-Barrack Point SLSC
- Kynan Burke - Warilla-Barrack Point SLSC
- Montana Doubell - Warilla-Barrack Point SLSC
- Will Fowler - Warilla-Barrack Point SLSC
Far South Coast
- Halle Constable - Narooma SLSC
- Jorge Constatable - Narooma SLSC
- Kyarna Boulton - Tathra SLSC
- Zimitra Lyras - Tathra SLSC
Friday 14 September 2018