Surf Life Saving NSW is pleased to officially confirm the participants for the 2018 Lifesaving Exchange Program.
This well established and exciting networking opportunity allows patrolling members to meet likeminded people and utilise their skills in a different environment.
Next month 9 lifesavers from city clubs will travel to the Far North Coast for three days where they will tour the facilities of the Jet Boat at Ballina, workshop with other emergency services and get to test their skills on beaches very different from their own.
At the same time their 10 country based counterparts will make their way to Sydney’s Eastern suburbs where they will participate in a similar program and get to test their skills on some of the busiest beaches in Australia.
Program co-ordinator Nixy Krite said it’s a fantastic development opportunity for those selected.
“One of the movement’s greatest strengths is you never stop learning and giving the members the opportunity to test themselves and create friendships is something that we are proud to be able to offer.
“Many of our previous program participants have gone on to make significant contributions at their clubs and branches and I am sure that this year’s group will continue that proud tradition.
“I would like to congratulate them on their selection and encourage them to make the most of this wonderful opportunity,” Ms Krite concluded.
The 2018 City/Country Exchange Program will take place from January 25-28.
City to Country Exchange Program
- Matthew Warren (Ocean Beach SLSC)
- Jessika Hay (Garie Beach SLSC)
- Ella Falzarano (North Steyne SLSC)
- Jack Frzop (North Bondi SLSC)
- Keelan Smith (Newport SLSC)
- Hamish Christie (Long Reef SLSC)
- Natasha Hargreaves (North Cronulla SLSC)
- Kyra Jenkins (North Steyne SLSC)
- Declan Grohala (Garie Beach SLSC)
- Damien Woods (South Maroubra SLSC)
- Matthew Calbert (Ocean Beach SLSC)
Country to City Exchange Program
- Hayden Kydd (Fingal Rovers SLSC)
- Aaron Mann (Coffs Harbour SLSC)
- Lewis Warne (Cudgen Headland SLSC)
- Kassandra Chan (North Wollongong SLSC)
- Isaac Augey (Crowdy Head SLSC)
- Rowan Blake (Bermagui SLSC)
- Sage Nara (Brunswick SLSC)
- Henry Kocatekin (Scarborough/Wombarra SLSC)
- Kate Blunn (Evans Head Casino SLSC)
- Jack Graham-Jones (Ballina Lighthouse/Lismore SLSC)
- Anthony Turner (Thirroul SLSC)
- Sarah Bugbird (Merewether SLSC)
Wednesday 20 December 2017