SLSNSW is calling for enthusiastic and energetic surf lifesaving volunteers to present our annual iconic Beach to Bush program in 2022.
Our very popular primary school aged surf education program will be returning for the 29th year to rural and remote schools in NSW and ACT in Term 4.
While our Lifesavers could not meet rural NSW students in person last year, they still dedicated their time, energy and knowledge of beach, coastal and waterways safety to schools by presenting live virtual sessions from their Surf Lifesaving Clubs along the NSW coastline.
This year we are optimistic that we will be able to head “bush’ to meet the students in person!
Since 1994 NSW lifesavers have visited rural and remote schools in NSW to share their knowledge and skills. Over the last 28 years 479 dedicated surf lifesavers have educated 273,862 primary school students, visited 1,998 schools and delivered 3,043 presentations!
THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO BE PART OF THIS ICONIC PROGRAM!
What can you expect?
- Opportunity to teach amazing country kids water and beach safety.
- Saving lives by passing on the FLAGS message.
- Fantastic and fun experience!
- One week on the road with other volunteer presenters.
- Full training and resources provided
- Reimbursement of approved costs
What is the criteria to participate?
- Be an active member of a NSW Surf Life Saving Club
- Hold a current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Be an accredited surf lifesaver
- Ideally you would have previous experience educating surf safety with primary aged students
If you are enthusiastic and passionate about Surf Life Saving and prepared to spend a week in the bush spreading the beach safety messages, register your interest today!
At this stage we are seeking expressions of interest only for participation as a presenter. We will contact you by the end of July 2022 to confirm your participation in the program. Tours will commence from Monday 7th November to Friday 25th November.